Monday, August 11, 2008

Travelers Find a Home


I stumbled on a really good deal at the local big box hardware store, Traveler Palms for under $20. Kirk and I bought 3 to supplement the backyard plantings and I came home to plant on a REALLY HOT day. Slowly I am finding plants to place on the back edge of our property to soften the whiteness of the fence. I also added a Passion Flower Vine to climb and fill in between the travelers.

Mack came out to digital document the experience.
On a sad note, that morning we had a storm and the top of the frangipani broke off. We spent some time researching how to root them and now they are drying on the woodpile in hopes of replanting and recovering the beauty of these big leafed plants.
I don't think I updated you to the recovery of the banana tree. We thought we had lost one last year due to our oscillating sprinkler malfunction, but in fact the roots must have taken hold and it has made a glorious comeback. No bananas yet, maybe next year, but leaves are healthy and growing.

0 comments: