Thursday, January 22, 2009

Irony

In an ironic twist of fate, during this process of beading squares to raise funds for breast cancer research, I have been diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma in the area below my right eye. At this point I haven't scheduled surgery, but am readying our life for unknown. Preparing meals ahead of time, gearing things for easy in the future, and yet day to day life still goes on with grocery shopping, trips to the beach and the library, and continuing to work on house projects.


In terms of the beaded squares: I continue to work on them. I will stitch as many as I can. A package of completed squares will ship to the project prior to my surgery. Then based on what happens I will continue as I can. Please know I appreciate EVERY design and admire your willingness to contribute and am randomly stitching. If I can't get to each design I mean no affront to any designer. Life happens.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So sorry to hear about your cancer. I will be sending you healing energy.
(I think you drew a henna spiral on my hand at L&L. Do I have the right person? lol)

Wenwe said...

Kathy, Thanks. Healing energy appreciated! Yes, I did the henna for only a few (lol). Hope you are well!

Pam said...

So sorry to hear this Wendy. Let me know if there is anything I, or any of your NC friends can do. You know we WILL.

Pam