Friday, March 02, 2012

A new March

Been a year since I posted last... where does that time go? Signed on to start my list for March and now I'm wondering if I should update or just move forward. I think I'll head on. I'll grab a cuppa and start my list.


Yesterday I started thinking about all the "house projects" and other things I've left hanging as I pursue other interests. And I realized that those things that I have left undone take energy even if I don't "see" them. In celebration of the Ides of March, winds of change, I'm attempting to SEE what is around me and DO something (create change) every day. And since I am a list maker, even to the point of doing something and adding it to the list so I can cross it off - yes in that order - I'm going to track the process here. What have I done so far?

Mar 1
  • Mowed the lawn in freakin' 80 degree temperature on the 1st and a small amount weed-eating.
  • Cleaned the pool filter to remove the pollen and oak string bits.
  • Fixed the toilet seat that slipped. Yup small thing, big difference.
Mar 2
  • Dug up the jasmine and climbers from the side fence where they were buried by the layers of traveler palms and j... trees (have to look up the name). Moved them to the white fence at the back of the yard, did I say white? I mean WHITE reflective vinyl fence. I'm hoping the trellises and the jasmine do okay, but I'm not above replacing as the roots didn't come out completely and I need a feeling of shade.
  • Used the blower to push the oak strings and leaves off the lanai screening.
  • Put away the camping gear that got sorted for Flydaddeo's trip to NC.
Perhaps I am ahead of myself by doing more than one thing a day, however I am sure there will be busy, less noticing days. And who knows, I might run out of things to do...

0 comments: